Charitable Remainder Trust
Post Date:March 20, 2017
One type of Charitable Remainder Trust (Charitable Remainder Unitrust) may serve as a potential inflation fighter since the trust is revalued annually and may provide increased income in later years
Similar to a charitable gift annuity, the charitable deduction is dependent upon the age(s) of the beneficiary (ies) and the payout rate. Some trusts may be established for a term of years.
This technique offers these benefits:
- Annual income for life
- Immediate charitable contribution deduction
- Removal of asset from estate
- Ability to avoid capital gains tax and reduce tax liability
- Ability to select the Trustee and offer investment management guidelines
- Potential inflation fighter since trust growth beyond payout can provide increased income in later years
Similar to a charitable gift annuity, the charitable deduction is dependent upon the age of the beneficiary.
If you’d like to speak with a member of our staff, please contact us at (800) 424-8200, ext. 789. We’re also happy to work with your attorney or financial planner.