Become a PAVE sponsor
Operation PAVE, Paralyzed Veterans of America's vocational rehabilitation program, supports America’s paralyzed veterans in their search for good jobs and meaningful careers while helping employers strengthen their workforce with hard-working, gifted employees.
Paralyzed Veterans couldn’t run this innovative, important program without our corporate partners – thank you to all who’ve sponsored the PAVE Initiative.
Many of America’s 44,000 paralyzed veterans are unemployed. Research and clinical studies have shown that providing an individual with a vocational focus is critical to their successful transition to living with paralysis. Access to education and career opportunities is essential to boost quality of life, reduce chronic health issues and improve the financial stability of veterans and their families.
Traditional vocational rehabilitation models have been ineffective in preparing our nation’s paralyzed and disabled veterans to reenter the workforce and remain there.
That’s why Paralyzed Veterans’ is working to overcome the vocational challenges that face veterans living with spinal cord injuries, and all persons with disabilities, at our PAVE Locations located across the country. At each, PAVE counselors work hand-in-hand with the veteran, medical staff, PVA’s national service officers and physical therapists to:
- Explore career options early on in a paralyzed veteran’s medical rehabilitation
- Assist veterans to find the appropriate educational opportunities, job training, skill improvements, etc.
- Connect veterans to a network of hiring employers
PAVE has been a great success since its inception in 2007, but the work continues. Paralyzed Veterans’ goal is to expand PAVE nationwide, eventually establishing offices at all 24 VA Spinal Cord Injury Centers and opening a new office every year.
To achieve success in this ambitious plan, Paralyzed Veterans is enlisting the support of corporate friends who are committed to America’s veterans and their well-being.
Corporate partners receive a variety of tangible benefits, such as:
- Permanent Recognition Plaque on display at the program office
- Grand Opening Event including media coverage of your participation in the ribbon-cutting and official opening ceremony for the new office
- Inclusion of your corporate logo in a prominent position on the PAVE site
- Strategic Communications Outreach will promote Premier Sponsor’s brands to millions of consumers through a broad range of traditional and social media vehicles leveraging Paralyzed Veterans’ long-established and robust marketing and communications programs
Learn more about Operation PAVE: May 2016 Summary (PDF Format)