Operation PAVE (Paving Access for Veterans Employment) organized the first meeting of its expanded Leadership Council on May 16, 2014, to outline the program's new strategic plan and a variety of new partnerships underway to reach program goals.
Sherman Gillums, Jr., Council Chairman and Operation PAVE Director, Paralyzed Veterans of America
The Operation PAVE Leadership Council serves as an informal advisory group to discuss, collaborate and provide input into concrete ways Operation PAVE can advance holistic transition strategies as a nationwide model for improving veteran reintegration.
The members of the Council have all been working to support PAVE and veterans employment with Paralyzed Veterans of America as advocates and partners of the program.
Leadership Council members include:
- Sherman Gillums, Council Chairman and PAVE Director, Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Jonathan Fegler, Principal, Deloitte—helping create pro-bono Performance Dashboard to track program metrics
- Chris Peck, Corporate Vice President HR, UPS—supported Operation PAVE through $1 million grant
- Tracy Malone, Vice President, Military and Veterans Health, Government Affairs, UHG—organized national PSA campaign for Operation PAVE on Veterans Day 2013 and organizing Health Workforce convening in Washington, DC June, 2014
- Chip Cotton, Program Manager, Energy Research & Development, GE—member of PVA Mission ABLE Awards Dinner Council, October 2014
- John Moran, Director, Transition Support Services, Calibre, former Deputy Assistant Secretary, Veterans Employment and Training Service—newly joined member
- Stephen Comber, President, Leidos—organized Military Appreciation Night at the Nationals game fall 2013
- Rich Brooks, President, Agility Defense & Government Services—has helped raise $2 million through annual Paralyzed Veterans Golf Open (PVGO)
- James Rarick, Services Director, Microsoft—supporter of PAVE through PVGO, has hired PAVE participants
Learn more about the Operation PAVE Leadership Council