Paralyzed Veterans of America will host its Third Annual Summit + EXPO August 27-29, 2013, in Orlando, Florida, bringing together hundreds of doctors, nurses, occupational, recreational and physical therapists, social workers, and researchers to learn about the latest scientific achievements, treatments and therapies in spinal cord injury/dysfunction on (SCI/D) and multiple sclerosis (MS) health care.
Highlights from this year’s Summit program include:
- Opening Remarks—Tuesday, August 27, 7:30 a.m. – Bill Lawson (US Army veteran), National President, Paralyzed Veterans of America, and Homer Townsend (US Marine Corps veteran), Executive Director, Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Assistive Technology: Research to Clinical Practice—Tuesday, August 27, 8:15 a.m. – Rory Cooper, PhD and Professor of the Department of Rehabilitation Science and Technology at the University of Pittsburgh & Rosemarie Cooper, MPT, ATP and Director, Center for Assistive Technology
- Keynote Speaker—Wednesday, August 28, 7:45 a.m. – Sherman Gillums (US Marine Corps veteran), Associate Executive Director, Veterans Benefits Department, Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Plenary Session: Wednesday, August 28, 8:15 a.m. – Barry Goldstein, MD, VHA National SCI Chief Consultant
- Cell-Based Therapies for Multiple Sclerosis and Spinal Cord Injury—Wednesday, August 28, 10:30 a.m. – Dennis Bourdette, MD and Michael Carrithers, MD
For more information, please visit www.pva.org/Summit2013.