Ten Good Reasons to Support Paralyzed Veterans of America
There are many worthy veterans’ organizations in our nation that you can choose to support financially. Why choose Paralyzed Veterans of America?
Below are ten ways that we help veterans with disabilities every day using the generous donations we receive from you.
Paralyzed Veterans of America:
- Delivers our services to ALL veterans and their families FREE of charge, thanks to the generous support and donations of the American people.
- Advocates for quality Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) health care and veterans benefits – veterans and survivors received over $1 billion in benefits in FY13 facilitated through a national network of National Service Officers (NSOs).
- Pushes to make America more accessible. Paralyzed Veterans has helped lead the way for the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The wide range of work our architects complete on a regular basis includes removing barriers from large public projects to individual residences, coordinating with design teams on VA medical center facility projects, and communicating/educating about accessible design.
- Advocates for all people with disabilities in regards to housing, employment, voting rights, and more through our Disability Rights and Advocacy Department.
- Empowers veterans with the tools they need to obtain good careers. Our careers program PAVE (Paving Access for Veterans Employment) helps veterans living with disabilities secure good jobs with great employers.
- Invests in innovative research to find new treatments and a cure for paralysis.
- Promotes and provides adaptive sports and recreational activities. Each year, Paralyzed Veterans co-presents the world’s largest annual wheelchair sports event, the National Veterans Wheelchair Games, attracting more than 500 veteran participants every year.
- Provides free membership to those who have been honorably discharged from the U.S military with a spinal cord injury or dysfunction. Paralyzed Veterans’ membership is a passport to a broad array of benefits, services, help and support.
- Educates on veterans claims issues and connect attorneys with veterans law resources through our Legal Services Department. Paralyzed Veterans’ attorneys have litigated hundreds of cases on behalf of members and other veterans, helping them receive the benefits they have earned.
- Provides online and print publications with an extensive library of self-help, educational and clinical resources for people with disabilities.
Please donate today to support the crucial, life changing work of Paralyzed Veterans of America